fredag 16 juli 2010

Eveningtraining in Rabbalshede...

On wednesday we went to Kate´s breeder in Rabbalshede.

In our localclub we have eveningtrainings at some of our members farms. It is perfect. We have a chans to practise on different kind of sheep.
Rabbalshede is about 5 mil (50km) north from where I live.

You can see here on the map.
When we arrived, Christina and Zero were out in the paddock. Zero is a young dog and as all young dogs he sometimes do things that he is not supposed to.

Ronny (Kate´s breeder) helped them. He is in the pen with the sheep.
Christina´s other dog, Sonja. She is an old lady. I think she is 10-11 years old.Here are some of the people and dogs that participated this evening.
From the left: Björn with Jess and Bonus, Ann-Britt, Lena with Zorro and Per with Zero.And one of my favorit dogs were there to.
This is Toddie and his owner Roland.
I think this dog is gorgeous.Zorro didn´t want to be in the picture so he closed his eyes.
He is so cute.There are no pictures of me and Kate but i am gonna tell you how it went.

When we walked in to the paddock I saw that the sheep had divided into three gruops. They were not far from eachother so I hoped that Kate would get them all in one big sweep.
She didn´t.
In the outrun she, as usuall, started to turn in to close to the sheep instead of holding out and end up straight behind them.
She went straight in and picked up the first group. When I told her to get back and fetch the rest she surpriced me by actually doing it.

She came down to me with all the sheep and I let her drive them behind me in circles and through some gates.
Her drive behind me has never been a problem. She does them really well. If she gets to close and the sheep starts to run she stops and don´t start to walk until they are calm again.

Her drive away from me has really started to be great. She can now drive them about a 100m away from me and also take them in different directions.

To get the sheep into the pen was easy. She is really good there. She has patience and wait them out till she get them in nice and calm.
We even tried to divide the group in two. It started as an accident. The sheep were not suposed to split up but when they did I cald in Kate to me and sent her after one of the groups.
She did that perfect.
The second time I split the group in two, she came in on the exact right time and took one of the groups and held them perfect.
She even did it correct inspite that I were showing her the wrong way and told her the right one.

She was great, my princess.

*****************************
Next week we are going on an eveningtraining on Orust.
Orust is the largest island on the swedish westcoast.

Inga kommentarer: