söndag 11 juli 2010

The fence works!!!

I´ve told earlier about my war against The Houdinigang.

The day before yesterday we checked the power on the fence.
I´ve already tried it before without the 'testingthing'. I had shorts on and when I stepped over the fence I touched the string with the inside of my thigh.
I think every hair on my body stood straight out.

It was/are a lot of power in that fence.

When we saw the numbers we had to look twice.
9,5!!!!
We have never had more than half of that before.
No wonder it hurts like hell to touch it.


I am still not well from the flu but I felt that I had to go outside today.
I brougth the dogs and walked up to the pen where the sheep are. Since I hadn´t seen them for two days I wanted to round them up to se that everything was ok with them.

I couldn´t see Kate so I called for Dumdum instead. He came down to me but he refused to go into the pen.
I tried to convince him that nothing was gonna happen and that I had pulled away the fence for him.
He refused.
I got tired of standing there with that stubborn dog so I yelled for Kate. She came down but when it was time to go in to the pen she hasitated.

I finally got her in and when she was in she gladely rounded up the sheep for me.
Every thing was fine with the Houdinigang. Since we were allready in there I thought that we could work a little. We have to prepare a little bit til wednesday. We are going to Kate´s breeder and it would be nice to show him that she isn´t the BITCH she was last year.

Everything was working fine until I told her to go left.

WHAT THE....?????

She tried to round me and go right instead and when I stopped her she tried to run away.

It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was wrong.

When I told her to go left she had to go between the fence and the sheep. It was like three meters between them but she was to scared of the fence to go in.
I went in with her behind me and when she saw that it was ok she finally ran in.

It was a sight when I told her that she was done. I have never seen her run that fast before. Under the fence and WOOOOSCH!!!!!
She was out. hahaha
Dumdum to the left and Kate.

1 kommentar:

Michaela sa...

Jag var lite inne på att byta till en Canon. Men... så hade jag redan två objektiv till Nikon så jag köpte "bara" kamerahuset. Det är dyrt nog ändå.. Nu ska jag spara till nya objektiv (som jag egentligen skulle köpt :P) Det är superkul men svårt att fota bra bilder.. Du får skaffa dig en fotosida också :)