torsdag 19 augusti 2010

Herding while dizzy...

Since I wrote hear last time we have taken it slow.

Just play & fun. No hard work.
Kate has been great. She does everything perfect. The few time she go in to tight, I stop her and push her out again. No hard voice, just a quick 'STOP' and then I show her with my bodylanguage that I want her to go more out.


Today though, the gang was on the run again.
I have been pretty ill this week. I'm constant dizzy and have problems just to stand up straight. Of course the Houdini-gang has to be a pain in my ... right now.

My mom drove by my house so Kate and I didn't have to walk all the way up to the paddocks. When we came up there we walked up to the fence and looked for the gang. NO woolie Houdini in sight.
We stood there and listened and probobly looked kind of stupid.

Not a sound from the gang.
Since I couldn't focus my sight at all becouse of my dizzy head I had to rely on Kate.
Suddenly we heard them.
Five of the was hidden behind a couple of my moms chickencoops. The other two was on the wrong side of the fence. AGAIN!!!
I sent in Kate and she rounded the up.
Already there I thought that we could practice a bit. (This weekend we have both practice and course. Next weekend it is time for a competition again. AND the herdingtest that I hope will go well this time.)
Kate worked nice and calm with the gang and she took every command that I gave her.
When Jenny doesn't open her big mouth and try to fix the small things, everything works like a charm!
I hope that I get better before the weekend. It is hard to really work with Kate when I'm not well. She doesn't want to leave my side so it's not easy for her to make a good outrun. She stops and looks back at me to see if I'm still standing.
I have fainted earlier so she gets a bit nervous when I'm like this. Suddenly I can't be in charge and she don't like that, but, she has started to handle that better.

1 kommentar:

Clinton Moffat sa...

Hi Jenny,

You write some amusing posts!

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling really poorly again :-(

I hope that things work out for you, and that you feel better soon!

It sounds like Kate is doing a good job :-)

Clinton.