tisdag 31 augusti 2010

A wet competition...

On Saturday me, Josefin and Erik went away for a competition and Herding test.

It didn’t go so well. Apparently I was about to get ill again which Kate sensed and it didn’t help that it was poring down rain and thundering and lightning.

I don’t remember when I was this wet the last time.
We thought about going home to get a snorkel and flippers.

When you are like me, terrified of thunderstorms, it is not appealing to walk around on a field with water ankle deep.
When you walked around the whole course it is time for the last thing.
THE PEN!!!


So there I was, just standing there, holding a steel gate in a huge puddle and there is a BIG thunderstorm.

I have had better days.

Kate did the worst outruns she have ever done. She did it just because she sensed that my body was shutting down again. I didn’t feel it then but it came after we came home.
Dogs are amazing. Thanks to my dogs I know what is going to happen before I can feel it myself. Since she felt that And my fear of thunderstorms there was no surprise that it went like it did.



On Sunday we had beautiful weather on our last training day in ‘herding school’.
Kate’s outrun was perfectly fine and when we came home after ‘school’ she had to round up our sheep.

I have never seen her do such a perfect outrun ever.
I went to bed smiling on Sunday night.

Inga kommentarer: