fredag 6 augusti 2010

On the move again...

My dad called this morning and woke me up. This was not the type of call I wanted before my morning tea.

I had the whole day planned. This was not a part of my plan.

The Houdini-gang were on the move again.
They have been calm for weeks now and stayed on the right side of the fence. I should have known that it was time for a breakout.

I dragged myself from the warm cosy bed, stumbled into some clothes and almost tripped down the stairs.

Found my raincoat and boots. It was poring outside. Nice!! Or not!

It felt like I was sleepwalking on my way up the road to my parents where the sheep are. Kate ran & jumped of joy to be the one that I brought with me. It was just her, no other dogs that could steel my attention from her.

When we finally came up to the paddock (it’s up hills almost all the way) I turned of the electric fence and opened the gate. Kate drove them back in and I closed and turned on the electricity.


I had been home for about 15 minutes when my dad called again. Guess what… Yep!! They were out again.

)=/&%#¤”! Houdini-sheep!!!!”#%()”#¤

Kate & I went back up there and we let them out to a smaller paddock that is joined to the first one.

I told my dad that ‘if they break out again before two o’clock, Shoot them’.

I went back home and cleaned up a bit before my neighbour stopped by. She helped me with my hair. She cut of 20cm but it is still long.

When she left I finally got some time to eat breakfast.


When my brother came home he helped me fix the forest-paddock so I could put the gang there. It was my brother who ran over the fence with a tractor so he had to fix it.


Right now it is nice and calm. We are going in to town to pick up a package and after that I will have my morningtea.

If the Gang does something more tonight, my dad doesn’t have to shoot them. I will kill them myself.

Tomorrow and on Sunday I’m going to be on a fair with Noni so if the Gang doesn't do anything stupid... No herding this weekend.

Inga kommentarer: