lördag 14 augusti 2010

Today's herding-course = both good and bad

Today it was time for the course again.

If I only could learn to keep my mouth shut!
Kate worked just fine in the beginning. It was not necessary to step in and adjust the small things that she did 'wrong'. It was not really wrong but it was the perfectionist in me that opend it's big mouth. I started to adjust the smallest things.
'-If she could just take ONE step to the right it will be perfect.'
You never get JUST ONE step and suddenly you have moved the sheep much moore far to the left than you had in mind.

The pen usually is our strongest side. She never looses sheep around the pen. She allways put them straight in very calmely.
Today we had sheep all over. Was it her foult??
NOPE!!!
It was me and my big mouth again.

She got so nervous from all my instructions that she even got insecure of the parts that she knows AND does perfectly.
I totally destroyed her confidence today.
I'm gonna take her with me later today up to my sheep and just play around them so she will have a really fun time before we go to bed tonight.
Tomorrow I'm gonna keep my mouth shut when we practise.
We are going to my first instructor. He is the one that helped me with Dumdum.

He is our 'herding guru'.;-)

1 kommentar:

Clinton Moffat sa...

Hi Jenny,

Sounds like you and Kate need a holiday :-)

Take it easy on yourself & Kate. Things will come good in the end. You'll see :-)

Less is more. Less pressure will equal better results :-)

Take it easy!

Clinton.