måndag 2 augusti 2010

Kate, you stubborn dog...

After having one of my to long episodes I am up and running again.
I am still not well but I am standing and walking.


Today we, I and Marie, went to Orust for a trainingsession.
It was fun to work with these sheep because they are a lot quicker than what we are used to.

The problem I have with Kate are her outrun. She does everything else perfect but the outrun is pure crap.
Marie, Josefin and I have been banging our heads together to figure out what to do to make Kate to widen her outrun and get behind the sheep like she is suposed to do.

So, what is wrong with it?

She starts fine but a few meters out the outrun gets tighter and tighter and just before she goes up behind the sheep she does something that we can´t figure out why she does it.

It does not matter if I send her right or left, it is almost allways the same thing that happends.
She runs tighter and just before she comes up to the sheep she cross over right in front of the mob and rounds up behind them from the wrong side.?.?.

We have tested so many things to fix this and every time we think that we found a solution she does it again.

Today the thinking-cap came on.
Sture, whos farm we trained on today, is also a herdinginstructor. He helped me with some new idéas and so did Björn.

I have been taking notes the whole afternoon.
We desided that the only thing to do is; go back to the beginning and start over.


I am just as stubborn as Kate so this is going to be great in the end.;-)

Inga kommentarer: